Oral Presentation Guidelines
- As a courtesy to other speakers in your session and to ensure the program runs to time, please keep your presentation to your allocated time. Your session chair will provide time alerts and direct the questions.
- Speakers are requested to report to their session room 15 minutes before the start of the session to load their presentation via USB onto the laptop facility in the room.
- Please note that the preferred screen ratio for PowerPoint presentations is 16:9
- There will be Audio-visual Technicians on hand to assist with loading your presentation.
- Data / Video Projector
- A computer to which your presentation will be uploaded
- Lectern and microphone
Posters Presentation Guidelines
Posters should be no larger than portrait A0 (841 mm x 1189 mm). All posters must be in English.
Your poster should include a title banner, listing the presentation title, and the authors’ names and their organisation(s) including a headshot so delegates may identify you. Text in the poster should be brief and clear and concise. The poster should be understandable without oral explanation.
Handouts of your poster presentation are permissible.
To ensure your poster has maximum impact, please consider the following formatting suggestions:
- poster titles should be a minimum size of 45 pt
- headings should be a minimum size of 30 pt
- text should be a minimum size of 20 pt (readable from a distance of 2 metres)
- avoid making the text all capitals as this makes it harder for the audience to read
- avoid using a mixture of font styles
- a matt finish on photographs reduces glare and provides better visibility
- results should be displayed graphically, if possible, through the use of pictures, symbols and colour
- figure legends are essential; however, these should be clear and concise
Can I attend sessions?
Yes, you have access to all sessions.
Can I attend Social Functions?
Yes, please note these are included in a full registration fee. An RSVP to these social functions is required via the registration form. Additional tickets can be purchased for guests.
How do I present my presentation?
Your presentation should be saved as a Microsoft Office PowerPoint file. 2010 or newer versions are preferred, however 97-2003 versions will also be accepted.
The slide ratio for your presentation should also be set to 16:9
Do I need to send a copy of my presentation prior to the Congress?
No, please take a copy of the presentation on USB to the Congress and visit your presentation room 15 minutes prior to your talk. The technicians available will then load your presentation accordingly. If you are speaking first up in the morning, you can load your presentation in the presentation room when you arrive onsite for the day.
How long is my presentation?
Please refer to the program for the confirmed length of your talk.
If you experience any problems within this site or for further information relating to the Congress, please contact:
PO Box 3599
Brisbane Qld 4101
Ph: +61 (0) 7 3255 1002
Fax: +61 (0) 7 3255 1004
|Notification to Authors 9 April 2018|
|Conference Registration Open now!|
|Early Bird Registration Now closed|
|ICN2018 Conference 15 - 20 July 2018|