Call for Abstracts
The Program Committee invites authors to submit abstracts for presentation within the program of ICN2018. Submissions are sought for oral and poster presentations and can be made via the Abstract Submission Portal.
All abstracts must follow the abstract guidelines and be submitted online by 2 March 2018, 12:00am AEST. Please note that the closing date for abstract submissions will not be extended.
Submitting your abstract
You will not be able to submit an abstract for ICN2018 until you have successfully registered and completed payment to attend. If you have not yet registered for ICN2018 please click here.Register for ICN2018
Once you have registered and paid to attend ICN2018, you will be able to log into the Abstract Submission portal using the username & password created during your registration. If your username & password does not work to enter the submission portal, it means you have not completed the registration and payment process. Please contact the ICN2018 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.Submit Abstract
You can access the online submission form using the 'Submit Abstract' button above. You will be able to use your username and password to re-enter the submission portal to make edits to your draft abstract up until the submission deadline.
After submitting your abstract, you will receive a confirmation of abstract submission email from the ICN2018 Secretariat.
Please ensure that all the required information is completed as requested. If you experience any problems during the online submission process, please contact ICN2018 Secretariat at email@example.com or by telephone on + 61 7 32551002.
This author is the contact person for submission or communication purposes and is also responsible for disseminating information related to the co-authors.
All enquiries regarding abstract submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and Deadlines
|Call for Abstracts open||October 2017|
|Call for Abstracts close||2 March 2018, 12:00am AEST|
|Notifications to Authors||28 March 2018|
Abstract Submission – General remarks
- The first author of an abstract must be registered to attend the Congress and con only be first author on one abstract. However, authors can be co-authors on several abstracts.
- Invited speakers must be first authors on the abstract of their presentation.
- By submitting an abstract, the authors certify that their work complies with the guidelines for human and animal research.
Abstract Submission – Format
- Prepare your abstract with your usual word processor.
- The title must be in one paragraph with a maximum length of 20 words. Use lowercase, except for standard abbreviations. Words of the title are used for abstract indexing.
- Abstract text should have a maximum length of 250 words.
- You may use Greek characters or special symbols. Unusual fonts or symbols can appear as weird characters in your final text, please check carefully before submitting.
- Tables and figures should not be included in the abstract text.
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be accepted
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar
- An abstract must only be submitted once.
Presentation Type & Topic
You will be asked to select the type of Abstract you are submitting referring to the type of session it will be presented within. The presentation type options are;
- Invited Symposia - Please only select this presentation type if you are a confirmed speaker in the invited symposia. Please select the relevant Symposia from the list provided.
- Plenary Lecture - Please only select this presentation type if you are a confirmed invited plenary speaker.
- Presidential Lecture - Please only select this presentation type if you are a confirmed speaker in a presidential symposia.
- Participant Symposia Oral - Please select this presentation type if you wish to present your paper as an oral presentation at the Congress, and are not already speaking as part of the above 3 categories. Please note that if your paper is unsuccessful for an Oral presentation, the paper will automatically be considered for poster display.
- Poster display only - Please select this presentation type if you wish to present your paper as a poster display only, and do not wish to be considered for an oral presentation.
You will be asked to select one topic. This selection is important because it will decide the particular session at which your poster will be displayed.
You will be asked to provide up to 3 keywords that are important for indexing purposes.
Tips for submission
- You can only access the abstract submission portal AFTER you have registered and completed payment of your registration.
- As soon as you receive the confirmation of your registration within 72 hours after completion you will be able to access the Abstract Submission Portal. You will have to login using your username and password (set up during registration) to access the portal.
- Read carefully your submission and make sure that there are no weird characters and signs in your text.
- Before submitting your abstract, you will need to approve its edited final version. No further edition of the abstract will be performed and this final version of the abstract will be published in the abstract book. Please remember that authors are responsible for the content and edition of their own abstracts.
- You will receive a confirmation of your abstract submission via email within 24 hours.
- You can check and modify your abstract submission (if saved as a draft) at any time by logging into the portal up until the 2 March 2018, 12:00am AEST deadline.
- After2 March 2018, 12:00am AEST, the Program Committee will revise abstracts and send confirmation of abstract acceptance by email soon after.
Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in the Congress:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the abstract to the Congress
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The authors will immediately notify the Congress Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author is changed. The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program
There is no reviewing process for abstracts submitted to the Congress. However, the Program Committee reserves the right to reject an abstract that is incorrectly written, or does not conform to ethical rules or to the scientific scope of the meeting.
- First authors are allowed to withdraw their abstract by contacting email@example.com at any time until the deadline of 2 March 2018, 12:00am AEST.
- First authors are allowed to nominate a co author to become the presenting author on the abstract.
- Withdrawal of an abstract without cancelling registration does not entail refund of the registration fee.
- To cancel registration please email firstname.lastname@example.org – All registration terms and conditions will apply.
|General Call for Abstracts Now Open|
|General Call for Abstracts
Deadline extended 2 March 2018, 12:00am AEST
|Presenter Registration Deadlline 15 February 2018|
|Notification to Authors 28 March 2018|
|Conference Registration Open now!|
|Early Bird Registration Deadline 28 March 2018|
|ICN2018 Conference 15 - 20 July 2018|